Work with Us
Businesstastic is an organization where you can pursue your web design career productively and enjoyably. We are always looking for smart talent to join our team. The minute you start working here, you become an integral part of Businesstastic and its future. Every job in our company is important, and you will play a key role in the continued growth of our company.
Our success is based on delivering high quality design and providing unsurpassed customer service. How do we do it? By working very hard, thinking about our customers’ needs, and doing whatever it takes. We do it by treating each other and customers with respect. We do it by acting as a team.
Currently Seeking a Web Designer & Front-end Theme Developer
Ideal candidate must have at least 3 years of experience. In addition to interfacing with the BT team, this candidate will work directly with clients, from concept to completion. Skill set should include project management, organization, client communication, thought leadership and expertise in web development & interface design.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with clients & our team on a daily basis
- Design and implement client websites/template offerings from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through html/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
- Support, extend and/or enhance existing code
- Document technical and functional specifications
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Ensure that we meet ‘go-live’ deadlines for all sites
- Maintain existing sites
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance
- Provide technical consultancy services to project stakeholders
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years of development experience, ideally in an agency/client services background
- Expert-level experience managing a website on WordPress platform
- Experience with e-commerce, preferably WooCommerce for WordPress
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL)
- Strong experience with on-page SEO fundamentals
- Experience with Responsive sites (Bootstrap ideally)
- Experience with parent/child themes and caching systems
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Ability to explain complex technologies clearly to others
- Great communication skills to work with clients and our team
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- High attention to detail
This is a full time, onsite position.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- PTO & Holidays
- Flex/comp time
Onsite at our corporate headquarters in Portland, OR.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Businesstastic team, please send us your resume and let us know why you’d be a fit. Include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition please submit URLs of projects (wordpress is a must) that you’ve worked on with descriptions of your specific contributions to the project. We look forward to hearing from you!